Monday, November 22, 2010

Foundations

For the past little while, I've been focusing my scripture study around questions, such as:
  • How do I increase my power in the priesthood?
  • How do I recognize the Spirit better?
  • Why are there so many tree parables in the scriptures? (Judges 9, Daniel 4, Matthew 13, Matthew 21, Jacob 5, Alma 32, 1 Nephi 8, etc.)
It's interesting to see how the answers to all these questions (except maybe the tree one) universally return to the foundations of the gospel. Study and ponder the scriptures. Pray sincerely. Improve your personal righteousness in the little things.

At the end of the day, the gospel isn't complicated. It's not even particularly hard, it just requires steady, constant progression. Focus on that, and you'll be presented with a wonderfully diverse bouquet of spiritual enlightenment.

No comments: