Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ute Supporter?!

Last night, Child and I took Child's dad to see City of Ember. He's a fan of Orson Scott Card, and apparently OSC gave the movie a thumbs up.

The movie started at 5:20. After we arrived at the theater, we realized we had a few minutes before the movie started, so we went across the parking lot and got some Coldstone's ice cream. The time: 5:10.

This morning I was reading through the news, and discovered the following: "Cold Stone Creamery is the latest business to pledge part of its proceeds to help the University of Utah's marching band play in the Inaugural Parade: 25 percent of your ice cream purchase from 5:00 to 10:00 [1/13/09] will go to the trip."

Aaaiieee! I just supported the Utes! My purchase of ice cream could have been the last few dollars they needed to make it to D.C.! What have I done?!

Ah, well. I suppose I should wish them well, they've earned it. Good luck in Washington, Ute band. May your spit valves never freeze shut!

No comments: