Thursday, July 03, 2008

Line of Fire

Child and I live in a four-plex. This morning, we were walking to our car when our neighbor, who was also the landlords' daughter, walked by.

"Laying low? Out of the line of fire?" she asked.

I stared at her. "Is something going on?" I asked.

"Oh, if you haven't heard, I probably shouldn't say," she said, and kept walking.

Aaiiiee!! What?! What's going on? Do we need to worry? Is it something to do with our apartment? Will we be living on the streets tomorrow?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is quite nervous making.

prin said...

What??! That's crazy.

Good luck.

Anonymous said...

any updates on this? i am most curious.

The Writer said...

I don't know whether it's good or bad, but there has been no updates. No pitying looks from our neighbors, no black spots on a piece of paper slid under our door, etc. Hopefully whatever it was turned out to be nothing.